Information for Hirers

This page includes information hirers will need if an activity requires licensing, a plan of the building including emergency evacuation information, and our policies regarding safeguarding, data protection, and so on.

The Victory Hall holds a Premises Licence issued by the City of Carlisle, and public events that need to take place under the control of the Premises Licence include:

  • Playing music, singing, dancing, theatrical performances, film shows, etc.
  • Events that charge entrance fees that make a profit (includes charity events), events attended by 80+ people

If your event comes under the control of the Premises Licence you will need to:

  • Identify a Duty Manager/Responsible Person for each performance or event
  • Complete a form giving us details of the Duty Manager/Responsible Person for your event and confirm that they will accept the duties involved. This must be returned before the event and be acceptable to the Licencees. The necessary form is available for download , click on the appropriate button below.
  • Ensure that the Duty Manager/Responsible person reads the information provided, acquaints him/herself with the Hall layout, fire extinguisher positions, fire exits and escape routes, carries out the necessary checks and fills in and signs the checklist for each event. The checklist is available for download, click on the appropriate button below
  • Return the completed checklist(s) as soon after your event(s) as possible to the Hall Secretary:
    Jane Clark, 4 The Forge, Dalston,CA5 7QP

Victory Hall Premises Licence

More information about the Premises Licence conditions.

Premises Licence Registration Form

Use this form to register your event(s) under the Premises Licence and to register your Duty Manager / Responsible Person.

Hall Plan & Emergency exits

A plan showing the position of emergency exit routes and emergency procedures information. Also includes contact details of the hall’s trustee who is responsible for Health & Safety.

Fire Risk Assessment

A safety guide for users of the hall.

Alcohol Licence Information

Check if you need a licence to sell alcohol or if your event is exempt.

Safeguarding Policy

Everyone who uses the hall, together with the hall’s trustees, have a duty to safeguard the interests of children and vulnerable adults while they are at the Victory Hall.

Privacy Policy

How we protect and use the information and contact details you provide when booking The Victory Hall.

Hirer’s public liability cover

The Victory Hall holds Public Liability insurance. Find out how it protects those hiring the hall and if it covers your activity.